Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 19, 2006

Hush a bye...

I recognized Kyle's cry today. Not in the "I can pick my child's cry out of a crowd" way, but in the "Oh, I cry like that too" cry. We've been working hard on having him put himself to sleep by laying him down in his crib awake for bedtime and his naps. Well, this afternoon it was all just too much for him. I walked in to his room and immediately knew the cry; it was one I had cried often early on in my pregnancy when I was upset and frustrated. Now, I'm not saying he got it from me or remembered hearing me cry that way when I was pregnant, or even that him crying the same way I do means he's feeling the same things I feel when I cry that way.

But anyways, it's not a very wet cry, not many tears or snot, but it's a cry of frustration. I rocked him to sleep and he went down in minutes. Poor guy. He just couldn't calm himself down this afternoon to get himself to sleep. Ah well.

Last night was long and his teeth seem to be working themselves out again. Kevin and I are always fairly cautious about immediately giving him pain medicine when we suspect it's his teeth. We try to rule out all other possibilities; regretfully, that left us giving him infant motrin at 5 a.m. and getting a good 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Here's to some new teeth in the very near future (cross your fingers).

No comments: