Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Everything

The sweetest thing happened this morning, but I'll have to back up so you understand it all. As of last night, Kevin and I agreed it was time for Kyle to learn how to sleep through the night (I know, I know, but Kevin and I are both softies about hearing him cry out at night). So, we decided that we'd do everything the same, but instead of putting him to sleep at the beginning of the night and subsequent times he wakes up, we'd go in every 10 minutes to check on him.

This worked great! It took less than a half hour for him to put himself to sleep at 7 p.m., then he woke up around 11 p.m. and was asleep in less than 20 minutes, and lastly, he woke up at 3 a.m. (right when his infant motrin should've been wearing off). The 3 a.m. wake up had me pumping, so Kyle got a sippy cup of milk around 3:30 (this is compared to his usual nursing schedule of every 2 hours all night long). He woke up for the day at 6:27, which was perfect because we had decided we wouldn't go get him until 6:30 every morning.

So, when Kyle woke up at 6:27 a.m. this morning, I went in to get him and he's sitting up in his crib. I picked him up and put him over my shoulder, he laid his head down and I talked to him real quietly while patting his back. He started talking back while still snuggling and all of sudden I feel this thwap! on my back. He continued to "pat" my back while I patted his as we both woke up together. It was so funny, like he was saying "I know last night was as hard on you mom as it was on me". It was so cute and I'm wondering if it'll happen again.

Now to back track: Kyle had a doctor's appt. last week and the little guy is 20 lbs 11 oz (50th percentile), 30 inches long (95th percentile), and at the developmental level of a 13 month old according to the doctor. In other words, he's doing great! However, his measurements mean that he has outgrown his infant car seat, so we just purchased a convertible car seat that should be here by next week to get him through to his 1st birthday. He seems to be doing something new and wonderful everyday. He'll be 10 months old on June 26th.

We think he learned how to throw things (from the 2 year olds we were staying with) while we vacationed in Mexico this past weekend. Despite having 4 kids hanging around, it was so relaxing and so much fun. The resort was great, our ocean view was amazing, and the whole place was family friendly. Kevin and I both agreed we'd go back here again.

In other news, Kyle is swimming 4 days a week through Tucson Parks and Recreation and teething once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did things go last night? I hope all is well tonight! Yippee for good nights' sleep!!