Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

28 weeks

And I have my glucose test this Friday morning; I always feel like I've passed the final hurdle in pregnancy when my glucose test is over: I have a fear of needles and getting blood drawn is 100 times worse than birthing a child for me. This will only be my second glucose test, since I opted out due to low risk with Kyle. It still seems like a big deal.

The baby is growing, as am I, and he is much more active. Everyone in the family has felt him kick/move. Kyle likes to feel the little punches and rolls if I tell him when the baby is awake, Micah has no idea he's felt his baby brother in my tummy, but the baby often kicks at him while he lays on or beside me and nurses. Lately, Micah loves to drape himself over my bulging belly and relax, using it as a pillow. Having the boys sit on my lap is becoming more and more uncomfortable; I have taken to reading books teacher/librarian style, by holding it up by my face and reading to them while they sit in front of me if at all possible. Kyle finds a reason to pop in to my bedroom every morning and snuggle before Micah wakes up (I do my best to be cheerful when woken up, but sometimes it's a stretch when I haven't slept much the night before). Micah is often crying out in the night lately and Kevin wakes up using two alarms very early every morning to catch his carpool. I've never had such an active pregnancy, or so desired to sleep in and take naps, LOL.

Thankfully, our summer has started and the regular weekly schedule is pretty much gone. We have gymnastics once a week, but that is it! I'm wondering if I might actually get some of this house cleared out and some nesting/organizing/getting ready for baby stuff done!

Other things on my mind lately include purchasing a second vehicle and new car seats. It is not only physically exhausting being pregnant, but also emotionally and psychologically exhausting! I am also jealous of all the mama's I know having their babies in the next couple months; you lucky women! Although, I must say, the third time around goes even faster than the first two. Off to bed, hopefully to sleep.

No comments: