Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Another year, another Mother's Day

I was blessed with a very awake snuggle bug at 5 am this morning; a little nursing, a little tossing and turning, a little talking "Mama, you asleep?" from my Mikey. He graciously laid in bed with me until Kyle joined us at 6:45. Then a few more cuddles and I shooed them off to their room to play while I showered and got ready for church.

I opened Kyle's Mother's Day present that he had made in preschool: a canning jar filled with all the dry ingredients for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I had been teasing him all weekend guessing that it was a jar of dirt and worms! There was of course the cute little question and answer paper/card stapled to the bag and thankfully, Kyle did not answer any of the questions in a way that would make me cringe *whew*.

We ate breakfast and had a surprise video chat with Daddy before needing to leave for church. That's right, a video chat. For some reason, those conference planners for biomedical engineers who specialize in imaging like to schedule over Mother's Day EVERY SINGLE YEAR. And EVERY SINGLE YEAR something crazy has happened from sick children to a sick mommy to a miscarriage to natural disasters. This year I am expecting the hatch of the cicadas from the Tennessee soil. I'm sure it will be awesome.

Thankfully, I often have reinforcements in the form of grandparents. It was a lot easier to access these grandparents when we lived in AZ, but Grammy has made it out to be my support every year here in TN while Kevin is away. Today we headed out for lunch and ice cream after church, then spent a leisurely afternoon of naps and quiet time, after which the boys played with friends and we had a low key dinner. Just about a perfect Mother's Day, definitely one of my best so far. It's overly emotional to be pregnant on Mother's Day, and with every pregnancy I have spent a Mother's Day pregnant because we seem to be *ahem* most fertile over the holidays which results in summer babies.

Happy Mother's Day, to all of you who are moms, who are going to be moms, who are battling to be moms, who visited your children's graves today, and who mourned the loss of your own mom today. All my hopes, love, and prayers for you.

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

What a joy to be your mother and watch you being a mother!