Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Appt. Notes

So, we had an appt. today to talk about our birth plan and get a strep b culture. Of course they do other things like weigh me, listen to Kyle's heartbeat, measure him, and take my blood pressure....

That's where the red flags went up I guess. Usually at our other appts. my blood pressure will be high right when we arrive and then about 5 minutes later I take it again and it has dropped down to normal. Today however, it stayed up for like 3 trys. So what does this mean?

Well, combined with swelling (yes I do swell), protein in your urine, and a few other symptoms it can mean preeclampsia. They decided some blood work would be a good precaution in case my blood pressure is high again on Monday (our next appt.). Also, the blood work could tell them if it's necessary to induce me prior to going in to labor naturally.

They said we would have heard by tonight if there was anything wrong, and we didn't hear from them; so far so good! I'm just supposed to take it easy for now.

Despite the good news, it was a pretty stressful day for me as I'm not a big fan of needles and to hear that the next step would be induction can be pretty scary to consider.

Prior to the appt. I did make some progress on baby stuff by packing our labor/delivery bag and putting a sticky note on the door with a few things to remember as we head out when the time comes. Tonight we did a short walk and I'm feeling pretty good.

Keep us in your prayers! I'll keep you posted on any developments.

No comments: