Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

And time rolls on....

Wow, it's been a long time since that last post and well, a lot has happened since then. Our boys have been growing up in leaps and bounds:

I swear Kyle wakes up inches taller every morning! He is reading a lot in the past two months, very curious about everything, and excited to start "real school" next year. He continues to be an amazing brother to Micah, even when annoyed by how "babies ruin everything!" (his final exasperated comment when he just can't figure out how to play with his little brother anymore). He and Micah often sleep in the same twin bed all night long and wake each other up in the morning to read and play. Kyle wants to teach Micah everything, but doesn't always appreciate it when Micah mimics him in everything! Kyle is eating more foods lately, with a happy attitude towards "trying new things". He loves being/playing outside but, this crazy TN weather has not cooperated much this winter. He keeps asking when we'll be wearing shorts again and why can't we play outside today (because it's 35 degrees, sorry sweetie). He is growing more patient and thoughtful, growing up in more ways than I can describe to you.

Micah is quite the charmer, as was evident at dinner out tonight with every server and chef stopping by to ruffle his hair and say "Hello amigo!", only to be rewarded with a giggle or grin from the unexpected attention. He is a talker, repeats EVERYTHING we say in earnest. He is also the most empathetic of all of us, completely stops what he is doing if someone says "Ow!", sneezes, or gasps in order to ask "You okay?" as he peers into their face intently. He eats with abandon, trying everything on my plate, although not necessarily on his own (even if it is the same food). He is most definitely tall for his age, but still my baby, crawling up in to my lap at every opportunity or asking "I hold you?" if he senses I may be standing up or going somewhere he usually can't go. He just recently discovered Thomas the Tank Engine and has shown the maturity to leave the track put together so everyone can play on the train table. For several days he would pick a train or two to carry around with us as we went about our tasks. He is all about technology, wanting the speaker phone on for all calls, or to add his own "comments" to chats and facebook updates if he can reach the computer. He also LOVES to be outside, just like his brother, so when the weather is good we drop everything we are doing and head outside. The boys make up games with sticks, leaves, rocks, ride bikes, scooters, and coaster cars, draw with chalk, blow bubbles, and just explore. Micah adores his big brother and I know it will be hard for him when Kyle begins school in the fall.

And lastly, I have been feeling downright crummy lately due to the fact that we are expecting baby #3: SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE WRITING HERE. Maybe that's another reason why I haven't updated since December. Shortly after Kyle accepted Jesus in to his heart, I started feeling crummy. Chalking it up to the flu, I found it odd that every time I nursed Micah, my crumminess seemed to disappear for awhile. I joked with Kevin that we must be pregnant again and he retorted with "I'm surprised you haven't bought a test yet". Well, I was near the dollar store that day, so why not buy a couple of tests. I waited until Kevin got home that night from work and took one of the tests, then laid down on the couch feeling crummy again. Kevin gushed from the bathroom that it was negative and I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that there was no way on this earth I could be pregnant in TN: FAR FAR AWAY from any support system at all; no friends and no family. A few minutes later he told me he was going to throw it away, but I asked him if I could see it just to make sure he had read the test right. KEVIN, IT'S POSITIVE! There was the faintest line on the test and he says "It's been more than 10 minutes, it says not to read it after 10 minutes". Ah hu, I was having flashbacks to our pregnancy tests with Kyle where Kevin responded with "How often do they give false positives?" in all seriousness. Kyle ran around with glee finding out that we were pregnant again and let us know in all that it's a girl; that he has been praying for a sister and God must not listen to us, but listens to him, LOL! (No, we don't know what we are having yet, but Kyle will always tell you it's a girl if you ask him). We had just given away all of our baby gear, and were about to sell the crib when we found out we were pregnant again. We are also a one car family again after many strange circumstances: one very, very tiny car that I continue to thank God for, but often miss the roominess of the vans I had over the past several months. We have no idea if we will get another vehicle to accomodate this child, or do some creative car seat buying/rearranging when the time comes.

I have to say that I am floored by this pregnancy, but excited nonetheless. Micah has continued to nurse and I have had the easiest pregnancy as far as morning sickness goes of all three thus far! Not to say I completely escaped the puking or queasiness, but it was totally tolerable this time and I even kept working part time! All of our tests have come back good and my appointments have been routine. We are delivering with the Vanderbilt midwives, at the hospital, which I'm nervous about. My stomach popped waaay early this time and I already feel huge. Our anatomy ultrasound and next appointment are on Wed. March 16th and I'm definitely curious to know what we are having this time around. I have my hunch, seeing as I dreamed about this child, just as I did with Kyle and Micah before our ultrasounds with them. Only God knew we could handle a pregnancy being so far removed and not quite settled in TN if it were an "easy" one and I thank him everyday for that grace.

We are traveling to AZ April 12-19. We will be in Tucson while Kevin works during the week and in Phoenix for the weekend. I can't tell you how excited we all are to see everyone and reconnect. I must go to bed, the unisom has kicked in.

No comments: