Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

*Gasp*

It's a boy! You probably already know that from Facebook or a text you received from Kevin or myself, but I am still in shock; is that okay to admit? A house full of boys, three of them! Don't get me wrong, I love my boys something fierce, and always will; in fact, even though Kevin and I still get sent reeling in the parenting realm, I like to think we're starting to finally get the hang of this "raising boys" thing. Truth be told, we haven't been doing it that long, but it kind of becomes a way of life: Everything, from clothes to linens to toys comes in the primary colors. We have seen, read, and reenacted every Thomas the Train story known to man. What does Daddy play when he gets home from work? WRESTLE! We have a basketball hoop in our family room, a closet full of ride on toys (bikes, scooters, cars), and several "collections" from our daily romps outside. These include sticks, rocks, and other treasures. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on the back porch, nauseous, watching Kyle and Micah play in the backyard and I could see it in my mind: three little boys building, playing, and exploring together.

And so we are "blessed with boys"!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm so excited, Mindy! God has certainly blessed the family with boys. You are an amazing mommy, and I'm so thankful for you. Thanks for being you!