Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Totally off topic

So, it seems to me that even though we patiently went through the membership process for a church we really do love and enjoy on Sundays, we just keep getting these little issues, pokes, and red flags that make me feel like it may be time to move on and keep looking for a church here in the Nashville area. This also makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Pity party time, just close the window now if you'd prefer not to hear me complain. I am so tired, frustrated, and beaten down trying to plug in, make friends, find a church, etc... We will be "celebrating" (and I use that term loosely) two years in TN this July. Two long, lonely, socially depressing years. I just don't know if I can drag the kids around to different churches every weekend, again, for months and months at a time. I can count on my one hand how many times people have accepted a playdate invitation to our house and actually shown up. It's frustrating because I put in the time, I connect, invite, plan, attend everything we can to invest in relationships with other people here, but there must be something I'm doing wrong or missing about the culture here because it's not working.

No comments: