Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

The question I get asked everyday now,

by friends and strangers alike is: Do you have a name yet? Well, no, actually we don't. Kyle has Kevin's initials, Micah has mine, and I really thought our next children would be adopted and might already have been given names, so I hadn't considered what we might name additional children our family was blessed with in the future.

Neither of us seem set on using initials again, but it's not completely out of the question. At this point, we joke that at least one boy could be named Kevin Jr. (something we had briefly considered when pregnant with Kyle)! Of course, naming this child isn't on Kevin's immediate radar, but he indulges me by listening to a litany of potential boy names every night before we go to bed. I am so used to being able to call my womb by name after finding out the sex, that it's a little unnerving calling him "baby boy".

Kyle has already latched on to a name Kevin was throwing around (in jest, in regards to a sports figure) and asks us every night at bedtime if we've decided on his baby's name yet. I think it helps make the whole process of a new sibling arriving more tangible for him when the child has a name.

I stuffed all our cloth diapers, folded them up, and popped them in the diaper basket along with our cloth wipes, all ready for baby boy. Micah's skin is just so sensitive we've never been able to use but one cloth diaper a day before he breaks out in a rash, and that's after just one hour! It doesn't matter what brand, material, liners, or inserts I use.

That's what's on my mind tonight. I'm so glad we're doing this blogging thing again because it really helps clear my pregnancy brain before bed. Goodnight!

No comments: