Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A long week led up to an even longer weekend

Kevin has been busy this weekend, playing the role of Mr. Mom even more than usual while I recovered from food poisoning. Additionally, he cleaned up the vomit in our back seat from a Micah episode on Friday :

I took the boys to walmart on Friday morning and just as we pull in, Micah throws up not once, but three times, all over himself, his car seat, and our back seat. It was an unseasonably cold day, but I had to strip him down outside the car then pop him in the front seat to put on the spare set of clothes I keep in the diaper bag. Of course, with it having been in the 80s all week, I had switched the clothes out to warm weather gear. Now, what to do about that car seat? Well, I got it uninstalled and threw it in the trunk, then cleaned the back seat best I could. We headed in to walmart for a cheap booster seat for Kyle to ride home in, so Micah could use the five point harness seat (they both have the exact same car seat, just adjusted differently for their heights). We got to the car, got everyone situated, and it took all my will power to overcome my queasiness and make it home. I cleaned up the car seat if you ever need tips or tricks on that sort of thing, while Kevin tackled the car.

Back to everything Kevin has been doing: my laundry closet looks amazing with its new cupboard and shelves installed and he is currently steam cleaning our carpets downstairs! He knows just how to keep a nesting mama happy!

I picked up a new bedding set today and black out curtains for our room! We have had black out curtains in the boys room for several months now and with baby brother arriving, I wanted some for our room too since that is where he will be sleeping for awhile.

That's about it; crossing my fingers for a more normal week across the board, from physical health to sleep to work and school.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Praying for a rather boring, illness-free week!