Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rub a dub dub, three boys in a tub!

Well, not quite yet, but soon enough! I'm sorry for slacking on the posting this week, but good news: Kevin bought us a new "family" desktop computer; I guess he was tired of hearing me complain about how I could no longer do a single thing on my 8 year old Windows XP machine! It's nothing fancy, but did take a few days to set up and we ordered a few extras: wireless card and webcam (so if you see me available to video chat on gmail, ring us up, we will answer if we are around or call you right back if we miss you). It sits upstairs in our room, on our dresser and I will buy a pilates ball to sit on this week as my "desk" chair and soon to be birthing ball.

Things are changing around here! Kevin put together the crib again so we could start piling baby stuff in to it. We've received a few toys from my work, I pulled several 12 month outfits out of the box I was planning on sending to Goodwill and threw them in there, and I keep finding little blankets, crib sheets, shoes, socks, swaddling blankets, and slings in the big boys closet, so all those have been tossed in too. We're making room for a rocker/glider and a small computer desk, but our poor bedroom is going to be full of furniture! I figure the baby's clothes and diapers will live under his crib in some cute wicker laundry baskets I got at Micahel's a few months back because those will need to be repurposed since Kevin is installing a cabinet and additional shelving in our laundry closet! I'm soooo excited for this, because it means some extra pantry space!

Kevin has really gotten in the mood to start doing some upgrades around the house since this pregnancy started and I love it! It totally feeds my need to nest to see him come home from the hardware store with bags and boxes or research how to diy for sealing a porch or putting down hard floors. My one contribution to all these upgrades will be new linens and towels for us; we bought the current sets right after we got married, so almost 8 years ago. Yikes!

We had a great weekend, spending a lot of time outside, an afternoon at a kids concert about an hour away, and tonight at a sports bar with fellow U of A alumni cheering on the wildcats to victory in the NCAA basketball tournament. Kyle is on spring break this week, so I hope to take the kids on nature walks at two nearby parks and hit up the discovery center where we have a family membership (it's about 30 minutes away, so we don't make it there but about once a month).

I am going to work on uploading some pictures from our new camera this week, so keep an eye out for those. I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I didn't know you started blogging again!

I had no idea this pregnancy was a surprise (or that Micah was still nursing - awesome!). Three boys, how fun! Our neighbor has three boys and she sure is busy, but she loves it and the boys are so sweet together.

So was your dream about a boy baby? I have a package to send you :)

Mindy said...

Awww, I love you Kirsten and Kevin and I still talk about how we miss you guys from our time in Tucson! My dream was about a girl baby; I was totally off! But no matter, this pregnancy has been a complete 180 from my other two, so I resolve to let nothing about it surprise me anymore :).