Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My annoyances*

*Read at your own risk. This post is a little more graphic than my others.

So, I understand that there are some woman who just love being pregnant and embrace it with all it's challenges, but I am not one of them. Kyle and I have this little conversation every morning that, if he'd like to make an appearance closer to my birthday (Aug 17th), rather than on or past his due date (Aug 27th), that would be okay with me. Don't freak out, he's considered full term as of 38 weeks, so I'm not asking him to be a preemie or anything. Plus, the statistical odds of this actually happening are like zero, especially for a first time mom!

On to my annoyances. First, there are two things that happen during pregnancy, but only if you are genetically predisposed to them: stretch marks and varicose veins. Lovely. Oh yes, I am a member of both of these clubs, and have the opportunity to do body inspections everyday after my shower. See, as a pregnant woman, your skin gets really dry and itchy from all the stretching, so you slather it with lotion or oil all over after your shower. This is the perfect time to discover new skin atrocities. Technically speaking, I've been one of the lucky ones so far: my stretch marks are only places my husband will ever see them and I haven't found any varicose veins yet. Next, I have given up shaving, except for special events (say that wedding we just attended). Turns out my belly now presses against my thigh in the shower when I'm shaving in a most uncomfortable way and it's just not worth it. Not to mention the raised "waves" that run the length of our tub and make my feet hurt when I'm balancing to perform this womanly feat. And lastly (at least for today), I'm convinced that a baby's first toys are his mother's internal organs. Kyle has a couple days a week where I swear he is bored to pieces and just won't stop moving. This means every time he punches my bladder, I run to the bathroom and a timely kick to my lower rib cage leaves me breathless. The most interesting phenomenon, that never occurred to me, is what happens now that he is head down in my abdomen. See, the little guy uses his arms and hands a lot, and I believe they must be up in this little cheering position because whenever he gets excited it feels like I'm getting punched in the crotch...didn't see that one coming!

The worst thing that has happened this week though is that our community pool is closed for re surfacing. Tell me, why didn't they resurface the adult pool when they did the tot pool in March? They decided to wait until the hottest week of the year so far and the week that all the kids get out of school to shut the pool down. I swear, I think I cried last night when I found out it'll be closed until Saturday.

And yet, if that is the worst thing that is going on in my life right now...I am doing pretty darn good! Thank you for listening.

No comments: