Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Right on track...

I can't believe how much bigger Kyle and I have to get before he arrives...Everyday he gets heavier! From what I understand about his development, he's basically a miniature newborn and the next couple months will be spent maturing his organs and how they function, in addition to adding on weight!

A few notable experiences have happened this week: First, Kyle was so active on Tuesday he made me nauseas the entire day. I had this horrible thought that he was going to be this active for the rest of the pregnancy, but he's slowed back down to his normal rate of activity again; not to say his kicks aren't getting stronger! The midwife seemed to think he was head down at our Monday appt. and I think I can verify that from the swift kick to my lower left rib cage I received Wed. night after changing positions in my sleep! I've gained about 19 pounds at this point and am on track if I gain a pound a week from here on out (and don't get sick again). Also, the midwife measured my tummy and I'm 24 cm. at 24 weeks, which is just right.

Today we're actually 25 weeks officially and are going to start taking weekly tummy pictures. In other news, I traveled across town to the largest baby stuff store in Tucson and enjoyed looking around there. I was considering potential take home outfits when a grandmother came up to me and asked me which outfit I would take my baby home in if I didn't know the sex. It was so cool that someone wanted my opinion just because I'm pregnant! Also, I realized I wasn't drinking enough during the day so I bought a 1 gallon jug with a handy dandy handle to carry around all summer from the water store. My goal is 1 gallon/day in addition to milk and juice, but so far I'm only at about 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon. I'm feeling better already!

I was browsing through the Harkins family calendar to see whose birthdays and anniversaries we had missed so far this year and noticed on the front page the cutest picture of Kevin, probably about 4 or so and I just thought "Is that what Kyle's going to look like? A miniature Kevin?". I'm so excited to find out!

And on a final note, we got to hang out with Kirsten and Jason Friday afternoon. Kirsten told me about her birth experience, which was really cool (and eye opening in many respects!). Kevin and I both had a chance to hold Ellie; I can't remember the last time I saw Kevin hold a baby, especially one so young. He had her kind of laying in his hands, supporting her head and he says "That can't be very comfortable" and Ellie kind of made some baby noises in reply, so he laid her on his thighs and she dozed with her hands up by her head like she was cheering; too sweet.

No comments: