Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Almost 31 weeks...

As exciting as it is for me to be in my third trimester, it can also be utterly depressing. I think there are things that happen to you in the third trimester for a reason, so by the time your due date week arrives, you are begging God to go in to labor...as opposed to being slightly nervous and apprehensive about it in your 1st and 2nd trimesters. It gets uncomfortable, you gain weight and feel like a whale, you get asked when you're due constantly, and if you're due in the summer, it's very possible you will retain large amounts of water and puff up like a balloon. I'm just not feeling the pregnancy love this week.

Kyle has been a little angel, and I am so thankful for that gift the past couple days. Easter was a major blessing, went so smoothly I think Kevin and I were equally surprised when we collapsed on our couches yesterday evening. An egg hunt in the park Sat. morning and Sun. dinner with a family from church, totally planned off the cuff, and all the kids played so well together. Kyle actually responded with the "Jesus" answer when we asked him why we celebrate Easter, lol. We totally didn't do the Easter bunny or baskets this year. Although, he still came in to lots of candy, nonetheless. I have pictures that are still sitting on the camera...

Micah continues to throw parties in my abdomen. I have this suspicion that he may be bigger than Kyle at birth; maybe it's just because he has yet to engage in my pelvis, but this kid has body parts that rumble all over, all the time. Perhaps I've just forgotten what it was like with Kyle's pregnancy. Kyle throws parties all over our house, all the time. He's an energy bomb and it has taken all his practice and patience to understand that mommy needs him to be gentle (although, he is still rough with Micah, giving my belly numerous "squeeze" hugs and kisses..."Don't forget about Micah!" he says). He puts his ear to my belly and says "Micah's awake!"...and I tell him I think he's sleeping and he says, "I just heard him!". I think he's hearing mommy's rumbly tummy. I have been so hungry the past couple days, it's insane. I remember this happening with Kyle too. You feel like a bottomless pit.

Good night, it's late, and my husband is finally home, so I can sleep!

1 comment:

Bri said...

Aw, my dear! I totally remember all too well the grossness that was my 3rd trimester. You're doing a great job! Also, I had to chuckle, because I can't sleep without my husband either.