Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

A long week

Oh man, am I tired. We all are. I think we are all still recovering from last week, Kevin being in Hawaii and Kyle and I staying in Phoenix with my mom. Poor Kyle woke up with a runny nose this morning and isn't quite himself. I had a couple days of swelling in Phoenix and the day we arrived home. However, I am no longer swelling here in Tucson. I've been able to stay off my feet more, although have taken up short walks in the evening. It was really, really hot in Phoenix, but the weather is much more tolerable here in Tucson right now.

I'll be 33 weeks on Wednesday. Kevin or I get asked all the time "Are you due any day?". LOL...nope, I am actually going to get bigger, but thanks for asking. Micah is definitely getting bigger. My belly resembles more of a lopsided oval than a cute bump anymore. It's like he's always trying to get more comfortable. I've already decided we will bring two different sizes of outfits with us to the birth center: newborn and 0-3 months. Newborn is for 8lbs and less...0-3 months is rated to 12lbs. I'm not expecting a 12lb baby, but Kyle was 8 lb 2 oz, so I'm expecting something in the 8 - 9lb range.

I buzzed Kyle's hair last night, but didn't quite get it finished up before the hair got too itchy for him and he insisted on a shower. I'm hoping he'll let Kevin clean it up later this week. He wants Kevin to buzz his hair now too, lol.

A lot is going on, but not a lot is happening right now. Kevin has a good four weeks before he'll be defending his dissertation, so he's busy with that, in addition to communicating with potential post doc positions at various universities across the country. As soon as we know where we're moving, you'll know! In regards to his defense, this is the equivalent of his graduation and there is a public portion that family and friends may attend. As soon as I know the date/time, I'll share it with you in hopes that those of you nearby will come to see the culmination of Kevin's work over the past 5 years.

I'm off to bed.

No comments: