Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Welcome to "Name that Condition"

You may have noticed I'm posting a lot more often this week and that is because a lot more has been happening...medically at least. Suffice to say, I did not start my walking regimen yesterday or even eat solid food all day!

I was for sure I'd wake up feeling better yesterday morning, a little weak from my mostly liquid diet, but better for sure. Well, I woke up with a stabbing ear ache and coughing up some lovely green mucus from my lungs. I thought the ear ache might have been from allergies and my nose draining somehow, so I stuck out the pain until 10:00 in the morning...then I called the doctor because it was getting worse (the story of my medical life lately)! I talked to the nurse and she got me in at 11:30. By the time I checked in and was sitting in the lobby tears were already coming down my face from the pain. This continued until the doctor showed up an hour after my appt time and I think I kind of freaked him out. I told him the tears were from the pain, but he insisted on asking if I was stressed out, if everything was okay at home. Good grief! Despite this, he did start me on antibiotics and some anesthesia drops for my ears.

I actually really liked this doctor, even though he's not my usual physician, but my favorite exchange of the appt went like this:

D: You're pregnant?
Me: Yep
D: How far along?
Me: 20 weeks
D: Really! I can't even tell you have a belly! (I pull my maternity shirt tight over my belly) Ahhh! A little one!

Smart man, this one. The one thing every pregnant woman wants to hear is that she doesn't look as pregnant as she actually is, and I'm not being sarcastic, as this was true for me also.

Today is better so far; I've eaten a little something for breakfast and been able to drink some water, in addition to no new medical problems! Kevin says it happens about every other day this past week, so I won't be holding my breath for tomorrow's health outlook!

Thanks to everyone who has been letting me know about the names: Kadin and Mikayla seem most popular among you!

No comments: