Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 01, 2005

Yea for an update!

Just a brief update: I am feeling good most of the time...a few yucky days here and there. My belly seems to grow in spurts; Kevin's mom took a picture at 18 wks and I think it will definitely rival the picture she took at 16 wks! I'll keep you updated on when that picture is posted! I had been experiencing little flutters and such feeling the baby move, but my first real good thump occurred on March 24th, right before Good Friday. The midwives call this your "quickening" date; whatever that means! Since then I get thumped pretty regularly about 3 times a day...usually around the times when I eat slightly larger meals than my typical grazing. If I miss out on a larger meal, then the thumping gets really insistent; one of the girls I talked to said my baby is already ordering "womb" service...hehe.

On the cat front, for those of you that didn't know, my cat has become an annoying terror since I became pregnant. She would wake us up at all hours of the night, multiple times and meow as if she was dying. We sent her to Kevin's mom's house for a week or so, but that didn't seem to help until I started playing with her right before we go to bed! Now she sacks out and lets us both sleep as much, and as late, as we want!

In other news, we have a doula: a.k.a. a birth assistant. Now I hear you thinking, isn't Kevin your birth assistant? Yes, yes he is, but how would you like to be the ONLY encouragement for a laboring women if labor goes on and on for hours. Also, since neither of us have really experienced or done this before, I thought it might be nice to have another assistant there. Now, I hear all you family members saying "I would gladly encourage you during your birth" and of course I know this. However, there are certain things I will feel more comfortable doing and saying to someone I won't be seeing the next day than to a family member who will remember it for the rest of my life, so that's one of the reasons I wanted a doula.

And lastly, we finally have a date for our ultrasound: April 20th at 11 a.m.. That's it for now!

No comments: