Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Summer weddings...

We have been getting wedding invitations in the mail for summer weddings, oh, for the past month or so. I've kind of ignored the whole possibility of seeing people we haven't seen since we moved to Tucson AND I BECAME A WALKING BABY MACHINE. The last time everyone saw me I still looked and acted like a normal human being; now I look more and more like a beached whale and I pretty much only think and talk about the baby. Goodness!

So, as you can imagine, attending social functions such as a wedding this summer is kind of terrifying. I tried on all the dressy maternity clothes I own last night and it was really frustrating...they looked cute about two weeks ago when I had a little belly, but now that my belly is BIGGER, they are looking scarier off the hanger and on me. Of course, my husband, having learned his lesson early on in this whole process, tells me I am beautiful no matter what I wear, look like, or smell like when I ask his opinion (potentially a smart man, but in reality you have a frustrated wife either way). Thank goodness my former college roommate, Tammy, is coming to town and is planning on shopping with me to look for something I'll feel more comfortable in. Tammy will tell me the truth and it'll be hilarious instead of frustrating! (I refuse to shop for something like this by myself, since my feelings on how I look change daily).

Yesterday I did go shopping, like actual shopping, for the baby. I was looking for his "take home" outfit; figured he'll need to look good for those first family pictures! There are of course a million cute things out, but there is a particular onsie at the Gap that I really fell in love with, so I'm hoping it'll go on sale later this summer, in addition to the matching hat.

Cycling went well last night...the bibs are super comfortable, but I was only on the bike for 5 minutes...going to work up from there as sad as that sounds! That's about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When's the first wedding?

Love you!
Mom Pam